Features of the year
We have delivered on our strategy and commitment to deliver long-term, sustainable and above-average returns to shareholders with two significant disposals.
- Sold Westcon Americas and 10% of Westcon International to SYNNEX Corporation for US$630 million.
- US$630 million in cash on completion (1 September 2017).
- Additional potential cash earn-out, subject to Westcon Americas meeting gross profit performance targets (resolution process in progress).
- Sold Logicalis SMC, a Dutch professional services business unit for US$42 million.
- Logicalis acquired SMC on 4 March 2013 as one of the four European operations purchased from 2e2 for US$31 million. The purchase price attributed to SMC was US$5 million.
- This represents an eight fold return on investment which represented a valuation of one times trailing revenues and 15 times trailing EBITDA.
|*||Excluding impairments of goodwill and intangible assets, profit or loss on sale of investments and assets, amortisation for acquired intangible assets, unrealised foreign exchange movements, acquisition-related financial instruments, restructuring costs relating to fundamental reorganisation, SYNNEX deal-related expenses and the taxation effect on all of the aforementioned.|