About this report
Our Integrated Report is our principal communication interface with our shareholders and other stakeholders in Datatec Limited who have a vested interest in our company and its commitment to create value and ensure a sustainable business for the future.
Scope and boundary
The Integrated Report endeavours to present an overview of the financial, economic, environmental, social and governance performance of the Group for the year 1 March 2017 to 28 February 2018 (“FY18”). Datatec’s aim is to present a holistic overview of the value the Group seeks to create for stakeholders by communicating content that is useful and relevant in an open and balanced manner. The report summarises the Group’s approach to sustainability that takes account of resources employed in its business activities and resources and groups on which Datatec has an impact.
The information disclosed encompasses all divisions and subsidiaries of Datatec Limited, across all regions of operation unless indicated otherwise. These same entities are included in the Group’s consolidated annual financial statements as set out on pages 70 to 155 of this report. There was no change to the scope, or any measurement techniques used.
During the year the Group made two significant disposals and therefore the information presented in the Annual Financial Statements has been presented as a continuing and discontinued business in accordance with IFRS 5. The prior year has been re-presented to show comparative results from continuing and discontinuing operations in accordance with IFRS 5.
Datatec published its FY18 results on 17 May 2018 which is the effective date of this Integrated Report with the exception of the following:
- Chairman’s review pages 14 and 15 dated 31 May 2018
- Notice of AGM and form of proxy pages 156 to 164 dated on publication date in June 2018
To ensure the integrity of sustainability reporting in the Integrated Report, the Group has a formal combined assurance model in place, which includes management, external audit, internal audit and other independent assurance providers.
Forward looking statements
The Group has attempted to identify important factors that could cause actual actions, events or results to differ materially from those described in forward looking statements. There may be other factors that cause actions, events or results not to be as anticipated, estimated or intended. It is important to note that:
- unless otherwise indicated, forward looking statements indicate the Group’s expectations and have not been reviewed or reported on by the Group’s external auditors;
- actual results may differ materially from the Group’s expectations if known and unknown risks or uncertainties affect its business, or if estimates or assumptions prove inaccurate;
- the Group cannot guarantee that any forward looking statement will materialise and, accordingly, readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward looking statements; and
- the Group disclaims any intention and assumes no obligation to update or revise any forward looking statement even if new information becomes available, as a result of future events or for any other reason, other than as required by the JSE Listings Requirements.
Responsibility statement and review
The Audit, Risk and Compliance Committee and the Board acknowledge their responsibility to ensure the integrity of this Integrated Report.
It has been reviewed by the Audit, Risk and Compliance Committee, the Board, Company Secretary, sponsor and investor relations consultants.
The Annual Financial Statements included in this Integrated Report have been audited by the external auditors, Deloitte & Touche.
The following frameworks have been applied in the preparation of the Integrated Report:
- King IV™ Report on Corporate Governance in South Africa (copyright and trademarks are owned by the Institute of Directors in Southern Africa NPC and all of its rights are reserved)
- Companies Act 71 of 2008
- JSE Listings Requirements
- Discussion Papers issued by the South African Integrated Reporting Committee (“IRC”) and the International Integrated Reporting Council (“IIRC”)
- International Financial Reporting Standards (“IFRS”) – applied in preparing the consolidated annual financial statements on pages 70 to 155 and all financial data derived therefrom elsewhere in the Integrated Report.
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Financial Officer
Chairman: Audit, Risk and Compliance Committee