About this report
Our Integrated Report is our principal communication interface with our shareholders and other stakeholders in Datatec Limited who have a vested interest in our company and its commitment to create value and ensure a sustainable business for the future.
Scope and boundary
The Integrated Report endeavours to present an overview of the financial, economic, environmental, social and governance performance of the Group for the year 1 March 2018 to 28 February 2019 ("FY19"). Datatec's aim is to present a holistic overview of the value the Group seeks to create for stakeholders by communicating content that is useful and relevant in an open and balanced manner. The report summarises the Group's strategy, business model, operations, risks, stakeholder interests and its approach to sustainability that takes account of resources employed in its business activities and resources and groups on which Datatec has an impact.
The information disclosed encompasses all divisions and subsidiaries of Datatec Limited, across all regions of operation unless indicated otherwise. These same entities are included in the Group's consolidated annual financial statements as set out here in this report. There was no change to the scope, or any measurement techniques used.
Datatec published its FY19 results on 16 May 2019 which is the effective date of this Integrated Report with the exception of the following:
- Chairman's review dated 31 May 2019.
- Notice of AGM and form of proxy dated on publication date in June 2019.
To ensure the integrity of sustainability reporting in the Integrated Report, the Group has a formal combined assurance model in place, which includes management, external audit, internal audit and other independent assurance providers.
The Integrated Report may contain statements regarding the future financial performance of the Group which may be considered to be forward-looking statements. By their nature, forward-looking statements involve risk and uncertainty, and although the Group has taken reasonable care to ensure the accuracy of the information presented, no assurance can be given that such expectations will prove to have been correct.
The Group has attempted to identify important factors that could cause actual actions, events or results to differ materially from those described in forward-looking statements. There may be other factors that cause actions, events or results not to be as anticipated, estimated or intended. It is important to note that:
- unless otherwise indicated, forward-looking statements indicate the Group's expectations and have not been reviewed or reported on by the Group's external auditors;
- actual results may differ materially from the Group's expectations if known and unknown risks or uncertainties affect its business, or if estimates or assumptions prove inaccurate;
- the Group cannot guarantee that any forward-looking statement will materialise and, accordingly, readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements; and
- the Group disclaims any intention and assumes no obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statement even if new information becomes available, as a result of future events or for any other reason, other than as required by the JSE Listings Requirements.
Responsibility statement and review
The Audit, Risk and Compliance Committee and the Board acknowledge their responsibility to ensure the integrity of this Integrated Report.
It is the Board's opinion that the Integrated Report addresses all material issues and matters, and fairly presents the Group's integrated performance.
It has been reviewed by the Audit, Risk and Compliance Committee, the Board, Company Secretary, sponsor and investor relations consultants.
The Annual Financial Statements included in this Integrated Report have been audited by the external auditors, Deloitte & Touche.
The following frameworks have been applied in the preparation of the Integrated Report:
- King IV™ Report on Corporate Governance in South Africa (copyright and trademarks are owned by the Institute of Directors in Southern Africa NPC and all of its rights are reserved)
- Companies Act 71 of 2008
- JSE Listings Requirements
- The International Integrated Reporting Framework
- Discussion Papers issued by the South African Integrated Reporting Committee ("IRC") and the International Integrated Reporting Council ("IIRC")
- International Financial Reporting Standards ("IFRS") - applied in preparing the consolidated annual financial statements and all financial data derived therefrom elsewhere in the Integrated Report.
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Financial Officer
Chairman: Audit, Risk and Compliance Committee
REPORT NAVIGATION AND FEEDBACK
We value feedback from our stakeholders and use it to ensure that we are reporting appropriately on the issues that are most relevant to them.
Please take the time to give us your feedback on this report.
These icons refer to our strategic objectives:
Improving shareholder returns
Enhancing competitiveness and profitability
Further information can be found in Strategic roadmap section.
- Integrated Report 2019