Currently viewing: About our 2017 Integrated Report / Next: Who we are
About our 2017 Integrated Report
Scope and boundary
The Integrated Report end nt an overview of the financial, economic, environmental, social and governance performance of the Group for the year 1 March 2016 to 28 February 2017 (â€śFY17â€ť). Datatecâ€™s aim is to present a holistic overview of the value the Group seeks to create for stakeholders by communicating content that is useful and relevant in an open and balanced manner. The report summarises the Groupâ€™s approach to sustainability that takes account of resources employed in its business activities and resources and groups on which Datatec has an impact.
The information disclosed encompasses all divisions and subsidiaries of Datatec Limited, across all regions of operation unless indicated otherwise. These same entities are included in the Groupâ€™s consolidated annual financial statements as set out on pages 72 to 145 of this report. There was no change to the scope, or any measurement techniques used.
Datatec published its FY17 results on 22 May 2017 which is the effective date of this Integrated Report with the exception of the following:
- Chairmanâ€™s review pages 16 to 17 dated 30 June 2017
- Westcon-Comstor SYNNEX transaction page 23 dated 30 June 2017
- Notice of AGM and form of proxy pages 146 to 158 dated on publication date in July 2017
To ensure the integrity of sustainability reporting in the Integrated Report, the Group has a formal combined assurance model in place, which includes management, external audit, internal audit and other independent assurance providers.
Forward looking statements
The Integrated Report may contain statements regarding the future financial performance of the Group which may be considered to be forward looking statements. By their nature, forward looking statements involve risk and uncertainty, and although the Group has taken reasonable care to ensure the accuracy of the information presented, no assurance can be given that such expectations will prove to have been correct.
The Group has attempted to identify important factors that could cause actual actions, events or results to differ materially from those described in forward looking statements. There may be other factors that cause actions, events or results not to be as anticipated, estimated or intended. It is important to note that:
- unless otherwise indicated, forward looking statements indicate the Groupâ€™s expectations and have not been reviewed or reported on by the Groupâ€™s external auditors;
- actual results may differ materially from the Groupâ€™s expectations if known and unknown risks or uncertainties its business, or if estimates or assumptions prove inaccurate;
- the Group cannot guarantee that any forward looking statement will materialise and, accordingly, readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward looking statements; and
- the Group disclaims any intention and assumes no obligation to update or revise any forward looking statement even if new information becomes available, as other reason, other he JSE Listings Requirements.
Responsibility statement and review
The Audit, Risk and Compliance Committee a Board acknowledge their responsibility to ensure the integrity of this Integrated Report. It has been reviewed by the Audit, Risk and Compliance Committee, the Board, Company Secretary, sponsor and investor relations consultants. The annual financial statements included in this Integrated Report have been audited by the external auditors, Deloitte & Touche.
The following frameworks have been applied in the preparation of the Integrated Report:
- South African Code of Corporate Practice and Conduct as set out in the King III Code â€“ NOTE: Datatecâ€™s King III register is published on the website: www.datatec.com
- Companies Act 71 of 2008
- JSE Listings Requirements
- AIM Rules
- Discussion Papers issued by the South African Integrated Reporting Committee (â€śIRCâ€ť) and the International Integrated Reporting Council (â€śIIRCâ€ť)
- International Financial Reporting Standards (â€śIFRSâ€ť) â€“ applied in preparing the consolidated annual financial statements on pages 72 to 145 and all financial data derived therefrom elsewhere in the Integrated Report.
Key Company information
Registration number: 1994/005004/06
JSE Main Board: Computer Services Listing date: 1994
LSE: AIM Listing date: 2006
Share code: DTC
Shares in issue at 28 February 2017: 211 967 622
(of which 100 000 held in Treasury)
Chief Executive Officer
Chief Financial Officer
Chairman: Audit, Risk and Compliance Committee
Refers to Datatecâ€™s
King III register
within this report
Scoll left and right
Reference to further
This Integrated Report is available online at www.datatec.com. HardÂ copies of the report are available at the Companyâ€™s registeredÂ office.